MakeMKV is a one-click method for converting your private video content into a universally compatible, accessible, and patent-free format. A format converter, sometimes known as a “transcoder,” is MakeMKV. The proprietary (and typically encrypted) video segments from the disc are converted into a collection of MKV files, with most of the information remaining untouched. Chapters can preserve numerous video/audio tracks with all meta-information stored in the MKV format. Almost all platforms have several players that can play MKV files.
Your one-click solution for converting your DVD, Blu-ray, UHD, and AVCHD discs into MKV is MakeMKV. The only thing that MakeMKV download does is a remix/change the video clips on the disk into a group of MKV files, keeping the majority of the original information without altering it in any way (no video and audio reconversion). Chapters can preserve numerous video/audio tracks with all meta-information stored in the MKV format. Various players can play MKV files on any platform.
How to Install MakeMKV on Windows PC
- After Downloading Completed, Extract the Zip file on Your PC.
- Open the File, and Double click the Setup file.
- Now you can see the Installation Application on your Screen.
- Follow all the instructions.
- After the installation process is completed, Restart your Computer.
- Now Open the MakeMKV Application on your Desktop screen.
How to Download MakeMKV for Your Windows PC
- First, you need to check your Computer is Compatible with MakeMKV System requirements.
- If It’s Compatible, Click the Download button.
- Now automatically Redirect the Download page, and Wait 10 Seconds to load the download file.
- Then click the “Download Now” Button.
- Select the location to save the Setup file.
- Now Start Downloading.
Features Of MakeMKV
can store multiple videos
The MKV format can store multiple video and audio tracks with all meta-information and keep chapters. Many players can play MKV files on almost all platforms, and there are tools to convert MKV files to many formats, including DVD and Blu-ray discs.
can instantly stream decrypted
MakeMKV Portable can stream decrypted video to many players without converting it first. You can watch Blu-ray and DVDs on your favorite operating system or device with your favorite player.
possible to establish the output directory
Setting the output directory and choosing which DVD chapters to convert is easy.
Fast and without errors, delivering quality video.
MakeMKV Portable can convert files quickly and without mistakes, giving you high-quality video. It uses surprisingly little CPU and RAM, and it responds quickly. On the other hand, MakeMKV Portable doesn’t allow users to change audio and video settings (e.g., sample rate, aspect ratio).
How to Uninstall MakeMKV on Windows PC
- If you need to uninstall MakeMKV, Go to the Control Panel on your PC.
- Open the Programs and Features file.
- Now You can see the List of the Application on your PC. Find the MakeMKV Application and Right-click, Then Click the Uninstall button.
- Finally, it’s Permanently Uninstalled on your Windows PC.
Disclaimer of MakeMKV
MakeMKV is Developed by MakeMKV. So All the Registered company names, trademarks, product names, and logos are the property of their respective owners.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is MakeMKV still free?
There are both freeware and shareware features in MakeMKV. You can use MakeMKV free to convert or stream as many DVD and AVCHD discs as you want. Shareware lets you convert Blu-ray discs or stream them. During the 30-day trial, you can use the shareware features for free.
Does MakeMKV work on Blu-ray?
MakeMKV is a Windows, macOS, and Linux program that can rip DVD and Blu-ray discs into the versatile MKV video format
Which is better, HandBrake or MakeMKV?
Ripping with MakeMKV depends on how fast your DVD drive can get the video off the disk. Ripping speed with HandBrake depends on how fast your CPU is and what encoding settings you use. So, MakeMKV gets the job done faster than HandBrake.
Does MakeMKV work with DVDs?
Also, MakeMKV can stream decrypted video to many players without converting it first. That means you can watch Blu-ray and DVDs with your favorite player on your favorite operating system or your favorite device. Does MakeMKV remove copy protection?
Compared to other tools for ripping discs, MakeMKV has more valuable features. Incredibly, it can remove most copy protections and still let you make copies of DVDs and Blu-rays. You can save either 1:1 content or a movie file with the audio and subtitle tracks you want from a DVD or Blu-ray video file.